Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day # 65 Predictable

Why is is that no matter what, the work thing planned to occur just before a vacation will inevitably push into the time when I will be gone?  Is this some sort of test?  Did the Universal Tool Shed (UTS) think that there is some smallish thing, like anything work related, that is going to keep me off of that plane on Monday?

Not bloody likely.  Let's see, what could keep me from going?  Jobby-job-job stuff?  Nope.  Impending relationship doom?  Nope, I can be broken-hearted in Asia just as easily as here.  The dead or dying are going to have to do their finalizing without me this time.  The TBG and the Kid are as healthy as the proverbial equine so they will be just ducky without me.

So really, the UTS knows all, so it knows that come Friday afternoon, yeah, like tomorrow, work will cease to exist for thirty days.  The one truly valuable lesson I learned from my worst boss ever was that when it comes to vacations, you schedule that puppy well in advance and them when the date rolls around, you go.  Simple.  End of story.  If the company can't get along without you then you must be really, really important and you need to ask for a huge raise.  Otherwise, get on the plane.

Which is what I will be doing on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment