Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day # 63 Jitters

Today, everything has been prefaced with "this is the last..... before I go".  I need to get a haircut "before I go".  I need to see my acupuncturist "B.I.G.".  I need to make sure the Skype phone number works "B.I.G."  This has shot a hole in my living for the moment while experiencing what is now theory.  I am so ready to be gone.

This week is all about tiding up the last details of work responsibilities, making sure the home front is taken care of and getting money out of the bank.  Ah, the actual withdrawing of the travel loot.

One of my "to-do" items was bringing my cigar humidor to the office so I could use the postal scale to weigh out 250 grams of cigars, which is what I am allowed to bring into Thailand without declaration.   In case you are curious, that is about a dozen full sized cigars.

I suppose one of the distinct differences between being categorized as a "backpacker", which I used be, and a "flashpacker" which I am now, is backpackers don't carry a full supply of good cigars.  Well, so be it.  I love having my own room as opposed to a hostel room full of noisy twenty-somethings.  Harrumph, harrumph.  Not going to share my good cigars with those whipper-snappers anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment