Friday, January 21, 2011

Day # 65 Flat

I should be giddy or giggling.  I have finished my last day at the office for the next thirty-plus days.  No working for over a month.  Exotic travel to distant lands.  And yet it just feels like Friday.

I had a lovely americano on the way home by means of celebration  The house is quiet and that is good as well.  I suppose everything is exactly as it should be.  Surprise!  Maybe I am becoming more Taoist in my old age, or maybe the reality of the moment can't live up to the expectation.  I think I will have to go with some degree of the former.  I don't feel let down, I just feel here.

And yes, this is a purely personal post tonight so if you need a larger, more encompassing message, I suggest that today is not the day.  I will try to work up a good rant for tomorrow.

In preparation for the long flight out, I downloaded two books to my I-touch in addition to the travel guides.  The first book is Patti Smith's "Just Kids" and the second is Jamie Ford's "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet".  I am ready to start the electronic reading experiment.  I have a real paper book as well, which I am going to tag and abandon when I am done with it.  That should be around the Bangkok airport, but maybe by Seoul.  I will right my first name, starting and ending points and the date and abandon the book to its fate with other readers.  Hopefully if will fall into the grasp of someone needing a good read and not wanting to suffer the fate of the airport news stand collection.

I am ready to cast myself onto the whims of the travel gods as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment