Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Mighty Mekong

After three hours of rattling north and east on the local bus I am in Chiang Khong.

                                             The local bus, top speed about 60 km/hr

Getting here was the only requirement of the day. Having done that, I am sitting on an over grown and shaded terrace sipping a coffee and smoking a puro. Below me the Mekong river is flowing past and on the far bank is Laos.


As I relax, bumble bees the size of hummingbirds ate working the flowering bushes around me. These ate the chunkiest flying insects I have ever seen and they are busy.

                                         The Mekong, a river boat, and Laos on the other bank.

The rest of the day I plan to devote to leisure. I may have to find a nook for the boat ride as I have finished the Jamie Ford and Sloane's funny-assed NUC essays. All I have left is Patti Smith's "Just Kids" and that is going fast.


Be well!!'
Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment