Sunday, February 20, 2011

Last Day

I'm sitting out the heat of the day with some shade and a pipe.
I earned me rest with an early metro ride to Chatuchak market, on of the largest in the world.
I think you could drop 10 Pike Place Markets (the big tourist and farmers market in Seattle) into the JJ as it's known, and still have lots of extra room.
Puppies to papayas, every cheap souvenir you ever thought of and complete furnishings for am entire house, no problem. Need a baby squirrel? No issue.
Crazy clothes, acres of cheap shoes, bush knives and Red Army clothing, jewelry, beads, bangles.......
And food. Thai people don't shop without food. There is grub from cheap noodle stands to air-con boxes for the red and sweating northern Europeans. (Be cool my big aryan brothers and sisters)
Bought a few prezzies and then treated myself to the metro to Lumphini Park and a beat of greenery amidst the sweltering afternoon.


Second shower done, book and pipe at the ready I will while away the heat and then set out for this evenings finale. My last here (for now) will be spent on a eating tour of Chinatown, walking from stall to stall and grazing on the treats and delectables therein.
At 11 PM I will shoulder my backpack and ride the metro to the skytrain and the skytrain to the airport to start the 30 hour flight/layover for Seattle via Seoul.
Each day has been a treasure. This trip had irrevocably changed the course of my life. I am so glad I did this.
Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment