Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day # 33 Ry's Right

Every time you get around a tree, you better stop and grab a brick [Why?]
Old man trouble... laying and waiting on you



My main man Ry Cooder was right.  He usually is I find.  When you see the trees, especially when just a minute ago they weren't there, beware Brother, beware!.  Hell, look what happened to MacBeth?  He was doing his evil thing, egged on by his seriously femme fatale spouse, all the while thinking he was invulnerable.  What happened?  The witches told him to stay out of the trees but the trees snuck up on him.  See, trouble and there was MacBeth without his brick.  


Trouble doesn't need any news media to sow itself.  Old Man Trouble, patient and sly, he can come out of nowhere on the best day, the simplest day and wham, by the short-and-curlies you're a-danglin.


Trouble you can't fool me I see you behind that tree
Look out! Trouble you can't fool me trying to get the ups on me
Trouble you can't fool me I see you behind that tree
You want to jump on me



Even if you do see the tree ahead of time, lord help you if Old Man Trouble knocks it over because even if there isn't a woman in the forest to hear the tree fall, trust me on this one, not only did it fall but its gonna be your fault as well. S'truth!


Would like to see a little sunshine, just to guide my way
Would like to have a little peace of mind
That's why I wanna say you better look out !



No matter what, minding your own or not, living large or not, closing the door on the temptation to anger and arguing, Old Man Trouble is still going to find you by and by.  Its a good thing I'm no stranger so that even on the days like today, when I think I'm on the shiny side of the dime, I'm not so surprised when that bastard steps out grinning.  Not hardly surprised at all.  


And lest you think that its all doom and gloom.... (or that I'm just being all misogynistic)


It's a funny thing, it seem just before daylight is your darkest hour
And you know one thing [what's that ?] behind every silver lining, there
isn't a dark cloud



Well, it may seem that I'm not putting my all into this blog entry, but its hard to type whilst hefting a brick and looking over my shoulder.  And while there will be a dark cloud tomorrow given where I live, I'm hoping its just the regular dismal rain and not anything more, such as creeping trees with trouble behind them.


Old Man Trouble badgered and tried to trip me up but I'm laughing.  And he'll get me for that too, but one of the great things about being a moral reprobate is that no one expects that much out of you.  Even more advantageous is to be a relentlessly optimistic moral reprobate, no matter what beatings you have to take to stay that way.  It makes the silver linings easier to pick put amongst the dark clouds.





No comments:

Post a Comment