Friday, November 19, 2010

Day # 7 Monk-ification and Kibbitzers

Today, the morning newspaper was replaced with the history and peoples of Laos, in preparation for being there in February.  The commute to work was set to Thelonius Monk instead of Morning Edition.  During the day I remembered to delete the cute little head line banners that inhabit my Google home page (lower right corner) and the drive to the cigar tasting at the end of the day was enlivened with more Monk.

In other words, another day without seeking out the news.  Bully for me.  In truth I was so busy today that I did not really miss the loss.  I admit to doing a quick mental scenario of what nefarious schemes the folks on the hill were getting up to but I did not pursue it with any actual facts.

One of the small side benefits of blundering into the land of blog are the great suggestions for subject material I get from the very few people who are aware of the existence of my little experiment.  The latest is how similar the state of modern news is to that portrayed in Terry Gilliam's film "Brazil".

But tonight I am too tired, in a good way, to tackle that one or much of anything else.  Since leaving the salt mine I have had a very fine cigar, volunteered whatever help I might lend to a motorcycle maintenance seminar for women, shared a fantastic meal and  managed this meager entry.  That's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment