Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day # 193 Filters

What gives a news story enough impetus to bypass news media altogether and travel by word of mouth?

It hadn't been a day before I heard about the Governator's marital infidelities with the babysitter.  The aftermath of the earthquake in Japan has apparently disappeared from the public discussion altogether but who Schwarzenegger is having sex with is able to transcend media delivery and make its way into my life by word of mouth.

The royal wedding was distilled down to the single important question of how Kate got into that dress.

Oh, and the end of the world.  That seems to have some serious legs.  Although no one was actually taken up, its seems that a few people volunteered to go.  Poor bastards.  They missed the announcement that the day has been pushed back to October 21st.

I am informed by sources extremely close to home, in fact at home, that all of the news issues out there pale in comparison to the last Oprah show.  In fact The Kid and I were exiled out into the rain whilst the last show aired.  It was that or suffer through the vale of tears that my living room became.

I couldn't tell you if Newt is in the race or out of the race but neither can anyone at Fox or CNN so I guess that isn't news either way.

The wander ways of the Terminator's tool, Judgement day, Kate's butt, Oprah's finale and Newt's follies.  I guess I'm really not missing that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment