Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day # 183 No Blues

Today, friend and neighbors, I do not have the Blues.  No I do not.  Can I get a witness?

Although it is a Sunday morning of drenching, persistent and seemingly endless rain, I do not have the Blues.

And why is this so?  How can I be dodging that sure-footed lowdown-ness that ought to accompany a morning such as this?  You might ask yourself, Sisters and Brothers, and rightly so  "How can a man look out his window on a Sunday, his day off from the labours of the week, see a vision that looks frightfully similar to what Noah saw a day or so before his ark actually floated off, and not have the Blues?"  How indeed!

The answer to this conundrum is:  The Rapture.  That's right, the day cometh and not on little cat's feet.  A mere week from today, May 21st, the fanatics are going to Rapture right on off of the planet  O! Blessed day!  So instead of getting all down at the heels about the dampness of my day off, I wrote a little song to cheer myself up.

I'm a-shinin' my shoes ...
Gonna straighten my tie.
Ain't having no blues.... No Sir!
As I waves them goodbye.

Goodbye fanatics...
And you hate mongers too.
Get gone you dogmatics....
Please, please, please don't come back
Whatever you do



Think a sort of hill country blues in the key of E and you've got it.



No comments:

Post a Comment