Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day # 213 This is what I'm missing?

Even in the midst of the news blackout, the most absurd stuff from the American main-stream media seeps into my little world.

Today, on my main e-mail list, one of my good friends posted several CNN banners he had noted:

"Boehner Pokes Fun At Weiner"

"Pressure On Weiner Begins To Swell"



Really, this is news?  Holy cripes, I guess I'm not missing much.  I suppose that the only thing different about this "scandal" is that it involves a male conservative and a female.  It's almost refreshing.

So, credit where credit is due, another person on the afore-mentioned e-mail list took the headlines a step further with a fictional banner that might read:

"Boehner introducing Weiner to Bush" 


Hah!  Sometimes this stuff just writes itself.  Oh well.  Maybe a year of no news is not quite enough.  I'm thinking maybe a decade.  What would it be like to miss two more election cycles.  I think it would be almost as big a change as a conservative sex scandal that doesn't involve two people of the same sex.

I suppose it's nice that Weiner is bringing the Right back into line with the good old family values of hetero-affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment