Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day # 117 Counting Again

I have finally finished posting and editing pictures into the appropriate places for the Thailand and Laos journey.  This gave me a chance to go back over the trip and realize what a wonder it was.  It has also given me the opportunity to question my sanity when I look outside and see the drizzle and 40 degree weather.  I live here why?

So, yes, it is day # 117 without watching the news.  While I would love to live strictly in the little world of memory, filled with warm days and noodles in SE Asia, I have to force myself to live in the slightly more real and certainly wetter regions of the present and my news-less existence in the GreyNorWet.

I guess I could post some pictures of the cold puddles outside my window, just to contrast the sunny colour of my photos from Asia, but that would be depressing even for me.  So no.

There are guitars to be played, race bikes to be built, and squishy runs to be ran.  Life continues on and while I plot whether I am going to flee as an English Teacher, an NGO volunteer or an ex-pat, I am still drawing breathe, albeit clammy.  The here-and-now Baby!, the here-and-now.  Sigh.  OK, if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment